Bio-Oil : Scars, stretches, aging and dehydrated skin
Bio-Oil is a specialist skincare oil.
Bio-Oil has been clinically proven to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, ageing and dehydrated skin.
Its advanced formulation, which contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil, also makes it highly effective for numerous other skin concerns, including aging skin and dehydrated skin.
Some of the key Bio Oil ingredients include:
- Rosemary Oil: This ingredient is often included in skin care products due to its antimicrobial properties. By reducing infection-causing bacteria and viruses, rosemary oil may be able to reduce inflammation and promote healing of micro wounds. This, in turn, will help keep the skin healthier and more resilient.
- Chamomile Oil: This Bio Oil ingredient has many healing and anti-inflammatory properties, and is formulated into skin care products for several reasons. Firstly, mere inhalation of the oil can have calming properties, which promotes lower stress and an overall sense of well being. However, chamomile oil is also known to reduce inflammation on the skin and to even out pigmentation issues.
- Vitamin A: This nutrient is a common skin care ingredient and is included in Bio Oil due to its ability to regulate the skin’s shedding process. Of course, in more potent versions, this chemical is referred to as retinol. Certainly, retinol is more potent and can provide more dramatic improvements in skin pigmentation and pore cleansing. However, the weaker version (vitamin A) is less likely to cause skin irritation or other adverse reactions.
- Lavender Oil: This Bio Oil ingredient is believed to have been used in skin care for thousands of years, and is valued for its ability to destroy bacteria and fungi, and induce a calming effect. Further, lavender oil is thought to carry antioxidants that reduce skin damage.
- Vitamin E: The Bio Oil formulation also includes vitamin E, which is a well-known antioxidant. Additionally, vitamin E is also a natural preservative and helps keep the product from expiring early.
- Calendula Oil: Bio Oil also contains calendula oil, which is a strong skin moisturizer, and helps to heal dry, flaky skin.
Bio Oil is a non-comedogenic (acnegenic), hypo-allergenic product that is suitable for use by individuals with sensitive skin.
Improving the Appearance of Scars
Bio-Oil helps improve the appearance of all scar types. It is also highly effective in helping to maintain the elasticity of scar tissue on joints and other high-mobility areas.
Bio-Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the scar and surrounding skin, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. Younger scars have a greater chance of improvement within a shorter time period, however, older scars will also benefit from the regular use of Bio-Oil. On new scars, Bio-Oil should be applied only once the wound has healed, and should never be used on broken skin.
What is a scar and how is it formed?
Scars are an integral part of the healing process and result from an imbalance in the production of collagen at the wound site. Scars go through numerous changes as they mature, but they are permanent in nature. Bio-Oil is specifically formulated to help improve the appearance of scars, but will never remove them entirely.
Improving the Appearance of Uneven Skin Tone
Bio-Oil helps to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone caused by hormonal fluctuations, skin-lighteners or excessive sun exposure. Visible as dark patches on the face or body, uneven skin tone often becomes most apparent during pregnancy, menopause or after exposure to high volumes of UV light.
Improving the Appearance of Stretch Marks
Bio-Oil is highly effective in helping to improve the appearance of existing stretch marks. Bio-Oil helps to increase the elasticity of the skin, thereby the possibility of new stretch marks forming is reduced.
Sagging and wrinkled skin commonly associated with aging is largely caused by the weakening of the collagen and elastin support system in the dermis. Bio-Oil contains numerous ingredients that help to plasticize the skin, making it softer, smoother and more supple, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkled and sagging skin. Bio-Oil also moisturizes, which improves the texture, tone and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Bio Oil helps replenish the skin's natural oils that have been stripped away by factors such as:
- Frequent bathing/cleansing with harsh soaps
- Excessive perspiration
- Atmospheric conditions including exposure to the sun and wind
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Poor diet and/or insufficient water intake.
You might also like
- stretch marks
Amazing product for stretch marks..Always use it to reach the result
My Mom's Love it Too Much It's Amazing And the result So Nice Try It all
I love this product. I have dry skin + ingrown hair. It moisturizes the skin and a great oil to apply after shaving. It smells so good. I sometimes apply a small amount on my face. I wake up,my skin is hydrated and relaxed. Highly Highly recommended
The best oil i’ve used so far
I feel really fresh and shiny when i put it on before my make up and massaging it on my face and body is really relaxing. Concerning its results, i have only started using it 2 weeks ago so I guess it needs more time for my scars to fade. Overall, i really like it, would buy it again, and I totally recommend it!